wtorek, 22 grudnia 2009

Bydgoszcz in Google Earth

This time I wanted to share with you a project I'm currently doing in work. It's not a full job time assignement so the updates will be very rare. The goal is to produce some objects from Bydgoszcz for Google Earth (it's not a Google authorized project). While my job colleague is constantly creating detailed 3d geometrical models, my task is to make less detailed phototextured objects.

My colleague's collection can be viewed HERE (it's over 900 detailed models and more still to come!).

My collection is still more like a test of this different approach and contains only 4 models :) and can be viewed HERE or directly in Google Earth.

For now I decided not to update models in GE until I make the whole old market of Bydgoszcz so I'll place the updates here on the blog as rendered screens. In my models I'm trying to get as much details as I can while maintaining a low geometry and size profile and including the global illumination and shadows baked directly on textures. When the old market's finished I'll swap the existing objects with new ones because now I'm working on real terrain data and not just a simple plane which doesn't work for larger areas.

These renderes are directly from 3dsmax (Vray), now I'm testing bump mapping and maybe later I'll bake it to texture too. The results of baked textures may vary of these seen in renders but the difference won't be big.

Here's the City Hall of Bydgoszcz and nearby buildings:






Of course the models presented here are constantly reworked so these are definitely not the final versions but models in build.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz